Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Ok, I'm not having this

"The COVID-19 pandemic shifted homebuyers’ preferences in a major way, making these three cities the hottest cities in the U.S. last year. Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.; Lakeland-Winter Haven, Fla.; and Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC-NC were the the top metros for the most inbound residents..."

The "Myrtle Beach-Conway-North Myrtle Beach, SC-NC" area is uncomfortably close to Southport, NC. I'm already hemmed in by yankee retirees (in fact, I'm the only native-born North Carolinian in my neighborhood), and although most of them are conservative, politically, I don't know if I can take the chance on that continuing.

You know what's got to be done, don't you?

2 comments:

bruce said...

Barney says don't mollycoddle them:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0512519/characters/nm0461455

Paco said...

Exactly right. Bud nippin' advised at the first hint of trouble, and NO mollycoddlin'!