"After 50 Years, Physicists Find Strong Evidence For What Really Holds Matter Together".
Ok, apparently I guessed wrong. I think. Although, when I read stuff like this, I'm not sure:
It's conventionally assumed that the baryon number is carried by the three valence quarks that make up baryons, such as protons and neutrons.
But now, after decades of uncertainty, a breakthrough new study using high-energy particle collisions has provided some of the strongest experimental evidence yet against this simple valence-quark picture.
When scientists start talking in tongues, I get a little confused.

And here I thought it was duct tape ... ...
ReplyDeleteBut what holds the duct tape together?
DeleteOh, it's duct tape all the way down.
well, if we exist in a holographic simulation, as some suggest, each particle of the hologram is an exact copy of the whole, so duct tape at its smallest particle would, ultimately, be held together by duct tape.
DeleteWhen scientists sound like Joe Biden getting lost in a campaign speech, uncertainty is a natural response.
ReplyDeleteThis will bend your brain even further.
ReplyDeleteWhat if our entire universe was contained within a black hole?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUuQMJ5O3XM
wow, space is big, you just won't believe how vastly, hugely mond-bogglingly big it is.
Deleteso, maybe our universe and its black holes are inside a black hole in a bigger universe and that black hole might have gotten so dense that it exploded and we're being 'sneezed out,' just like the Hitchhiker's Guide predicted!
Achoo, bless you!
Our universe is in a universerarium in a kindergarten somewhere.
ReplyDeleteThey keep letting the slow kid mess with it.
Right now, the only holes I'm interested in are the ones the moles are digging in the back yard.
ReplyDeletemissRed here. I used to eat that stuff
ReplyDeleteI try to read that stuff when the topic interests me, even though I usually understand very little of it.
ReplyDeleteI love reading science articles, because it's just so...weird out there.
Delete