Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Outer Limits of Chutzpah

That perpetual blast of fresh air, Jake Tapper of ABC News, asked White House mouthpiece Robert Gibbs about the administration’s war on Fox News. Click the link to see a transcript of the exchange between Tapper and Obama’s stuttering parrot.

I cannot remember anything quite like this. Some people have drawn parallels with Nixon and his enemies list, but as I recall, that backfired pretty badly. The strategy seems far more dangerous this time around. Nixon was disliked, if not hated, by most of the news media types of his era, to whom threats of this sort were like a red flag to a bull; whereas, these days, much of the press has already signed on to Obamunism and would welcome another excuse not to pursue stories that would reflect poorly on him and/or his administration (raging bull, meet Ferdinand).

It was once the opening of a popular Sci-Fi TV series; it’s looking more like the real deal every day…



Update: More on the White House's moronic war on Fox News from Blue Crab Boulevard.

I hereby offer Fox the following new slogan, gratis: "Fox News: What the White House is afraid for you to see!"

9 comments:

kc said...

I wanted to be a newspaper reporter when I was MUCH younger. As I never needed adoration and applause, much less attention, and I was kinda nosy and liked to find out what The Real Deal might be, it could have been a sweetheart of a life. Doing a good job would be quite rewarding. Questioning Authority, y'know.

The fawning that today's excuses for reporters do - now that they've been elevated to 'journalists' - makes me so sick at my stomach I cannot watch a press conference. Of course, their stupidity during previous administrations drove me away first, can't blame that on BarryO. He is the result, not the cause for the appearance of shills and worshippers.

Paco said...

Thanks for the comment, KC. I was getting ready to put up a post asking if anybody is still reading this thing.

kc said...

That is weird, Paco - you've usually got at least one of The Usual Suspects from Blair Nation making a brilliant &/or snarky response to something!

My readership seems to have dropped a bit, but I think it's cuz Margos Maid has taken up residence elsewhere & my blog was right near the top of 'her' page. Ah well, back to my own 'usual suspects' I suppose.

SwampWoman said...

I'm still here! You cover everything so thoroughly that it leaves me with nothing to say.

My theory is that journalism degrees killed reporting. Sloppy writing, sloppy editing, factual errors that are easily checked...No wonder so many "news" organizations have lost credibility.

Paco said...

Swampy: I'm with you on journalism degrees.

JeffS said...

I've been reading, Paco, just not commenting -- I'm working long hours right now.

Myself, I wonder how Obama and his flying monkeys can do this shtick with a straight face. Especially Gibbs, Axelrod, and Emmanuel. Do they get together and yuck it up in private? Or are they so without a conscience that they don't care?

It's downright creepy.

mojo said...

Fox should goof on it.

"This just in: ALIENS have landed in Grover's Mill, New Jersey!..."

"...Naw - just kidding. Put the shotgun away, Clinger. It was a joke. Hey, why not? We're not a news organization, right?"

Yojimbo said...

I'm just lurking.

RebeccaH said...

It may have been the stupidest thing Obama could do, picking a fight with Fox, but I hope he keeps it up. By 2012, everyone will be so sick of that petty, small-minded man, he might as well not even run for re-election.