Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Charles Johnson, the Aunt Ada Doom of the Blogosphere

Whatever Johnson saw in the woodshed, it must have been nasty, indeed, to have driven him so thoroughly batty (My guess? He came face-to-face with an old, cracked mirror).

Stacy McCain provides the clinical diagnosis. Essentially, Johnson’s reasons for breaking with the right boil down to this: “If you disagree with me on anything, you are a racist/fascist/homophobic toad (probably a prehistoric toad, at that; most likely a specimen of Beelzebufo - even though you creationist yahoos don’t believe in that stuff).”

It will be interesting to see what group he aligns himself with when he (almost inevitably) breaks with his new leftist friends. Cli-Fi fanatics? Roswell zealots? Rosicrucians? With respect to the run-away truck careening down the steep mountain road with no brakes that is Johnson’s mind, the final destination is likely to be embarrassing and unhealthy.

11 comments:

Robert fo Ottawa said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hftsk4gWqI

Brett Law said...

Somehow I ended up at Salon.com today and they were crowing about our "loss". Wonder how long it'll take his new friends to realize the man's crazier than a bagful of coked up ferrets?

Yojimbo said...

Maybe he'll do an underwear commercial with Charlie Sheen.

Maybe he'll look into the Bilderbergers and the World Bank/Federal Reserve cabal.

Maybe he'll become a truther on Bush, NASA or JFK.

All of the above would represent a move up the ladder in pay grade. What's not to like?

Larry Sheldon said...

I'm glad there is noting of significance going on in the world tonight.

And, I'm glad you have so many readers that you don't need me anymore.

Paco said...

Why, no, Larry, in fact I presume that I have a very small circle of readers, but I am perfectly content with their society. If you find the place uncongenial to your taste, or deficient in items of immediacy or relevance or interest, then it is with great regret that I bid you adieu.

Yojimbo said...

I think Larry was referring to the preamble to the Articles of Surrender broadcast that I didn't watch, or not.

I think you have a far wider circle of readership. There are a goodly number of old "so-called Blair" readers out there.

Paco said...

Yojimbo: If so, then our friend has acted hastily, because I have just posted on that very subject. It is a great pity that I must take time out from blogging to eat dinner, walk the dog, spend a couple of hours watching a movie with my wife, take a shower, take the garbage out, etc., etc., but there it is.

bwebster said...

Hey! Another "Cold Comfort Farm" fan! I love both the movie and the novel, though I didn't fully appreciate the novel until I read "Tess of the d'Ubervilles". ..bruce..

Paco said...

B.: I never read the book, but I saw the movie (loved it!)

carpefraise said...

A small number of readers, perhaps, but extremely select!

happy Xmas and New year, Paco!

Jerome said...

CJ has problems. I think whatever ails him is exasperated by spending so much time in cyberland. To his defense, he never claimed to be a Jessie Helms conservative; but this personal vendetta he holds against people bespeaks of a parnoid personality. He never brokers dissent of the smallest kind, no matter how rational.

As a consequence his "hit" numbers have dropped like a balloon (anywhere from 25-35% from last year). Only sychophants and lefties visit there now.