Monday, March 26, 2012

He sure will

Have more flexibility, that is. If things turn out the way I want them to in the upcoming election, Obama will have the whole rest of his life to do whatever he wants to do: practice law, host a radio talk show, create a line of organic food products, start up a solar panel manufacturing concern, while away the hours in the executive offices of some non-profit foundation named after himself, take up permanent residence in France. He can be anything he wants to be: just not president of the United States anymore. Here’s to Obama having the maximum amount of flexibility come November!

BTW, here’s the relevant exchange between Obama and Russian President Medvedev from the article linked above:
President Obama: On all these issues, but particularly missile defense, this, this can be solved but it’s important for him to give me space.

President Medvedev: Yeah, I understand. I understand your message about space. Space for you…

President Obama: This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.

President Medvedev: I understand. I will transmit this information to Vladimir.
I will transmit this information to Vladimir. Weird. Comes across as something out of a Le CarrĂ© novel. Kind of makes Medvedev look like Obama’s…handler, doesn’t it?

Elsewhere: Gee, it’s like birds of a feather or something.

2 comments:

Yojimbo said...

T-R-E-A-S-O-N

RebeccaH said...

Technicians: "Pssst! Let's leave the mics on just... a... little... longer."