Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Haw!

Trump finds a use for the press.

I am reminded of one of Humphrey Bogart's classic lines from Casablanca: "Yesterday they were just two German clerks. Now, they're the 'honored dead'."

Of course, no one got killed in the plane switcheroo. All the media people made it home safely. How...fortunate.

3 comments:

  1. 'All the media people made it home safely'

    Old, possibly cruel, but appropriate joke.
    What do you call a busload of journalists going over a cliff?
    A good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, you know they all already consider themselves "martyrs for the cause."
    Now we'll probably see endless "We were so close to dying for our profession" stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lefties are blaming Trump.
    At that point, the Secret Service is calling the shots.
    Don't get me wrong, Trump probably thought it was funny, but it was not his call.

    Besides, he just got that plane and I doubt he wanted to lose it just to make our fine media betters have to find some replacement propagandists.

    ReplyDelete