1) Patriotism is apparently alive and well in Canada (H/T: Captain Heinrichs).
2) The drive-by hits on Palin have commenced. Funny how these McCain "staffers" don't seem to have the...intestinal fortitude to provide their names. Well, we'll find out who they are eventually, and I, for one, won't support anybody they work for.
3) I guess "Unity" is just another name for "The One". Looks like the Democrats plan on reaching across the aisle with marlin spikes. Further on the subject of a spurious unity is this excellent piece by Currency Lad, and this thoughtful article at American Thinker; money quote: "People shouldn't need to be reminded that our nation's highest value is liberty."
4) Via Cold Fury, Markos Moulitsas of the Daily Kos lays out the strategy. There you have it, folks, from the horse's mouth (er, depending on your perspective).
5) Yes, that's what I'm afraid of.