Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy New Year!
Let’s start it off right with some good news.
1) An important victory for free speech on campus (H/T: Robert Stacy “The Other” McCain).
2) The political success of Kennedys is not always inevitable.
3) We’re still here, the prognostications of climate alarmists notwithstanding (H/T: Tiger Hawk ).
4) Gina Elise has a new pinup calendar (Woof!).
5) My blogfather, Tim Blair, is still goin’ strong.
6) Why wait until the news happens? Let’s invent some headlines for 2009 now:
Jesus Returns, Proclaims Second Coming; Iranian Students Burn Danish Embassy in Protest
7) I am currently negotiating with the estate of a recently-deceased Cuban exile for the purchase of what I’ve been told are unpublished fragments from Che Guevara’s diary of his activities in the Congo. It is my fond hope to be able to present these important historical documents to the world sometime over the coming months. I am also pleased to announce that I discovered another page or two from the secret Bolivian diary in the old canvas pouch which yielded the earlier entries published by Paco Enterprises back in May of this year.
Thanks to all my friends out there who tune in, whether daily or just every once in a while, to visit my humble blog. I hope you will continue to find things here to entertain, instruct or, perhaps, simply distract you as we enter what is sure to be an unusually crazy year. Best wishes from Casa Paco to all of you! And remember: if you drink, don’t drive; you may hit a pothole and spill your drink. And please continue to patronize our sponsor: