Monday, January 12, 2009

I'd Like One of Each, Please

Lists of the "biggest", "baddest", "smartest", "sexiest", etc. generally always lead to some controversy. Should this one be on the list at all? Why isn't that number one instead of number five? Still, they're kinda fun - and sometimes highly instructive. United Conservatives links to a list of "The Ten Manliest Firearms". Discuss among yourselves (I confess that I am intrigued by UC's own suggestion: the Pfeifer Zeliska Revolver, Cal. 600 Nitro Magnum - "How do you say 'Put that television down'?").

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm in love.

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I'm the one who thinks I'm in love.

Anonymous said...

I'd add in the M1 Garand, somewhere between #7 and #9, perhaps displacing the Swiss K31, largely because the ammo is not widely available, a prime requirement for any manly firearm. How could one be manly with a manly firearm, but no manly ammo? The mind boggles.

And I'd rate the Mossberg 500 as equal to the Remington 870. Many of the attributes so justly praised by Mr. Williamson are available for the Mossberg 500, and it performs just as well.

Otherwise, I am hard pressed to argue with this selection. Because, by a rather odd coincidence, I have owned or fired the majority of the weapons listed in that article. I wouldn't mind owning all of them. Except the K31, of course.

Minicapt said...

ROF L7 105mm Rifle.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I have to pass on this one, since someone commented at Tim Blair's a while back: "Listening to Australians discuss their guns is like hearing Cubans discuss their cars."
Touche!