1) Kenneth Minogue has written a longish, but worthwhile, think-piece on the “niceness” movement.
2) Michael Klare reminds us of the folly of taking our way of life for granted (H/T: Jeff)
3) Dr. James Hansen: climate hippie (H/T: Dan Riehl).
4) Wise-guy octopus plays practical joke.
5) At a time when Republicans ought to be looking for common ground with each other, Dick Lugar suddenly gets a case of embargoitis.
6) Sounds like the height of boredom. Can you top it?
7) Paul Harvey – RIP. There was no more comforting, amusing, common-sensical voice on radio when I was growing up than his. God rest his soul (the link is to an outstanding celebration of Harvey by See-Dubya at Michelle Malkin’s).
8) Margo's Maid suggests that the delegation of Hollywood nitwits calling on the Iranian government will probably succeed in living down to our expectations.
9) Via Gateway Pundit: