I started vacation today, and will be out all next week. We’re not planning on going anywhere, except for maybe a couple of day trips, so I had thought that might mean more (maybe even excessive) posting. But now I’m not so sure. Mrs. Paco, ominously, has broken out her “to do” list. It has given me a feeling similar to what I imagine a nervous defendant in a Victorian–era English courtroom would feel, while he watches the bewigged judge fish around among his papers looking for the square of black silk.
I hope to spread the chores out, however, so as to at least create the illusion of periodic relaxation. Meanwhile, be sure to pay a visit to Tim Blair’s wayward children.
1) Boy on a Bike warns us about one of the hazards of growing old: there’s not always somebody around to vet our wardrobe.
2) Mr. Bingley spots the AP cruising through an alternative universe.
3) That wild man of the web, TimT, takes a look at the dark underside of “kniterature.”
4) Richard McEnroe – a protestor’s protestor – brings us word of the Whole Foods “buycott” in Pasadena
5) kae has spooky pictures of a dust storm. I drove through one of these in Phoenix one time; scary, but awesome.