1) Citroëns Roasting on an Open Fire - In what is becoming a troubling tradition, French “yoots” have gone on another car-b-que rampage. And there has been another attack on a Danish cartoonist by a Muslim extremist, as well as a car-bombing outside the Danish embassy in Islamabad. Whew! Good thing it’s a religion of peace.
2) Bob McDonnell is shaping up to be the kind of politician the GOP needs.
3) Colorful Democrat and ex-felon James Traficant says he will run again. People who remember Rush Limbaugh’s TV show will recall that videos of Traficant bashing Clinton-era policies were featured frequently; he often closed his comments by saying, “Beam me up, Scottie!”
4) Rabidly partisan Republican calls for Janet Napolitano’s resignation. No, wait. That’s not a Republican; it’s New Jersey Democrat Richard Codey.
5) Obi’s Sister spots at least one piece of good news to open the new year.
6) President Obama is, er, right on top of things.
”Crap! Looks like I have to take another ‘mulligan’ on national security.”