Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random Harvest

No, not the novel by James Hilton, or the excellent film version featuring Ronald Coleman and Greer Garson; just a few random – but interesting – items.

Many thanks to Mr. Photoshop, Bob Belvedere, at The Camp of the Saints for the pulp-fiction “cover art” illustrating my most recent Detective Paco story. Great stuff, Bob! (Update: Unfortunately, when I click on the link now, I get a 404 page; sorry, Bob). Update II: Link fixed!

Richard McEnroe is trying to raise some money to repair his computer, but rather than hit you over the head with his begging bowl, he is offering value for money, so go on over to Three Beers Later and check out his book, An Anthology of Restoration Plays Invisible Dirty Old Man.

The brilliant blog humorist Jim Treacher was injured in a hit-and-run accident yesterday in Washington, D.C. Our prayers go out for Jim’s speedy recovery, and for the uncovering of additional facts in this increasingly mysterious episode.

One final note. It appears that I’ve attracted the attention of a spambot who is littering my comments section with links to a site that offers me a home-study course on the “Quran”. You are really barking up the wrong date-palm, Abdullah.

5 comments:

Boy on a bike said...

You get spam, I get muppets. Must be the weather. Or the moon.

desslov said...

What happened to Treacher is bizarre. I wish him a speedy recovery, and answers to his questions.

JeffS said...

I'm "desslove"...proof positive that one should not blog in the morning without coffee.

Paco said...

Jeff: I was wondering who that Russian guy was.

Bob Belvedere said...

I apologize for the link thing. I bumped the posting and didn't realize it changed the url. I'm still learning WordPress.