Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Reconcile This!

President Obama by all reports is set to call for the so-called “nuclear option” of passing a health care bill through the highly dubious method of reconciliation (You remember that, don’t you? The thing Harry Reid said last week nobody was talking about?)

There are many excellent arguments that you can find all around the internet for not taking this approach, but Dan Riehl has what is probably the most rousing denunciation and call to arms of all. His post practically made me want to jump on a horse and ride through the streets shouting “The Democrats are coming!” – which I wasn’t able to do, of course, since no horses were available, and, even if they had been, my history of being thrown off of every breed known to man would give me pause, no matter how hot my patriotic blood.

But in this day of instant communication, you don’t need a horse, so I urge you all to contact your senators and congressmen and put them on notice (“Nice little gig you got there, Senator. Be a shame if you had to return to private life come this November.”)

9 comments:

JeffS said...

The only question remaining is, whose side are you on?

No question about it -- I am on the side of the Constitution and the rule of law, not laws according to little fools acting like dictators because they think they know what's best for the unwashed masses.

Oddly enough, though, O!bama didn't have the nads to use the "R" word.

Methinks that The Won™ is running scared, and not just from the Tea Party.

RebeccaH said...

The hubris is simply breathtaking. I never believed in the Antichrist before, but Barack Obama is making me distinctly uneasy now.

Anonymous said...

There was a very interesting discussion on Fox's Special Report Online show tonight. In a nutshell, he's got to attempt to get something passed by any means available or be seen as a failure, by his own definition and by the lunatic left. He's lost the right and independents, if he loses the left, he's done. His ego matters more than our constitution, to him.

Got rope, Paco?

Retread

Paco said...

I'd rather run him out of town on a rail.

Anonymous said...

God help you, America.
I bloody knew this was coming; the moment Obama was elected it spelled DOOM for the U.S.A.

What a POS Obama is.
Funny, I've never seen jug-ears on a POS before.

Mike_W

Delayna said...

The REAL Antichrist would be competent.

RebeccaH said...

Good point, Delayna. I feel so much better now.

Anonymous said...

Paco, I'm all for running him out of town on a rail, but can we tar and feather him first? Please.

Deborah Leigh

kc said...

Give me the word, Deborah, and I'll supply feathers - got an old comforter I can't bear to part with but would be willing to donate to the Cause...hell, I'd almost sacrifice Mr. Bird the Budgie.