As any professional investigator will tell you, if you’ve got overwhelming forensic evidence, you don’t need to demonstrate motive. I no longer care whether Obama is a closet advocate of the Cloward-Piven strategy, knowingly creating crises in order to expand the reach of the state, or whether he’s just a monumental idiot whose dreams of big government are immune to empirical analysis. His DNA and fingerprints are all over our nation’s current economic and foreign policy mess, and he needs to go.
The bill of indictment is long; here are just a handful of material items:
1) Obama has encouraged and signed into law several measures that have taken the deficit to astronomical and unsustainable levels. Health care, stimulus, “jobs” bills – you name it, he has demonstrated complete fiscal irresponsibility, and has shown a total disregard for the burden that this level of spending imposes on this and future generations. Throw in the big tax increase scheduled for next year, and we’re definitely seeing the private sector under siege.
2) He has refused to permit the federal government to do the one thing that – theoretically, at least – it ought to be good at: protecting our borders. There are now areas in the southwest where official warning signs have been posted to discourage travel by U.S. citizens, due to the violence resulting from drug and human trafficking spilling over from Mexico. The president’s response? To promise, and fail to deliver, additional resources to the border states, and to sue Arizona for passing a law that gives state and local authorities the right to merely request evidence of legal residency from persons who have been lawfully arrested or detained.
3) He has, with obvious malice, attempted to damage the long-standing, traditional bonds between the U.S. and Israel (and between the U.S. and the UK), in order to ingratiate himself with the corrupt regimes of the Middle East, and with anti-American tyrants in “emerging” countries.
4) He has abandoned any pretense of supporting civil rights by permitting his attorney general to adopt a program of overlooking civil wrongs committed by favored minorities (vide the charges made by J. Christian Adams in connection with the notorious case of the New Black Panther thugs).
5) He has demonstrated monumental incompetence in connection with the oil-spill in the Gulf, through inaction, submissiveness to union rules that have hampered both domestic and foreign assistance, and a refusal to cut through bureaucratic red tape.
6) He has nominated one of the most unqualified people in our history to serve on the Supreme Court (two, if you include Sotomayor), a person - Elena Kagan - who may lack experience, but apparently has all the proper left-wing ideological credentials.
Obama is the worst president in my lifetime – not even barring the hapless Jimmy Carter. I just hope we make it to 2012.
Update: Oh, and by the way, we don't want him for King, either.