Sunday, August 29, 2010

Batter Dictator up!

In the comments section of this post on Fidel Castro’s latest inanity, friend and commenter Yojimbo laments, “Just think if some major league team had signed Castro to a minor league contract. Look at the unfathomable human waste that could have been avoided.”

This gives me an idea. I don’t think it’s too late to nudge this plan along, so why don’t we offer a professional baseball franchise to the leaders of the Latin American Axis of Marxism: the Castro brothers, Ortega, Chavez, Correa in Ecuador and Morales in Bolivia? With this many enormous egos on the same team, the pre-season wouldn’t even be over before they all began falling out with each other.


What?!? Nobody’s benching me, asshole! Now, step aside unless you want me to go all ‘What’s the frequency, Kenneth?’ upside your head.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manny and some of his brethren would love that whole idea...and embrace the world's mass-murdering dictators with zeal, under the mantle of 'fairness.'

Until they told him they're taking HIS millions, too, since he's really only another useful idiot. THEN he might change his tune?

Nah. The biggest thing these jerks have in common is their complete lack of Humility and the immeasurable size of their Egos.

Steve Skubinna said...

Years ago I thought of a great time travel story: go back in time and somehow manage to get Castro signed by a major league team.

Maybe a mash up of Jerry McGuire and Terminator.

tw: azure. Hey, I thought they were supposed to be non-words! Now I have Malcom McDowell aka Alex in my head:

"As an unmuddied lake, Fred. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, Fred."

RebeccaH said...

Any one of those warthogs would drop dead of a coronary when they tried for third base. Which is okay by me.

Paco said...

Rebecca: Another completely acceptable outcome!