Thursday, August 5, 2010

The power of mockery

Lexington Green ("Which", the judge intoned, "I strongly suspect is an alias")* has an interesting post at Chicago Boyz on the absolute necessity of tearing down the sham superiority and the absurd pretensions of the ruling class.

Incidentally, I heard about Green's post on Mark Levin's show this evening, as I drove home from work - more than an hour later than usual, courtesy of the #&**@ Washington Metro.

*The parenthetical remark will be familiar to readers of P.G. Wodehouse.

8 comments:

mojo said...

"Code of the Woosters"?

Steve Skubinna said...

If I ever started a blog, I'd use the name Orlando Maltravers.

Or possibly A.L. Disher.

Paco said...

Mojo: Quite possibly, I don't recall. But the formula was used in several stories.

Bob Belvedere said...

Mojo/Steve: It's Augustus "Gussie" Fink-Nottle for me.

Steve Skubinna said...

Sure thing, Bob, and I'd be happy to provide you a pitcher of "orange juice."

JorgXMcKie said...

Wodehouse wrote the same story about 90 times and it was hilarious every doggoned time.

Paco said...

JorgX: That's pretty close to the mark - and also a sign of his genius.

mojo said...

Varying "mcguffins", as Hitchcock would have said. A cat, a pitcher, whatever. It's the action that's important, not the trigger.