Saturday, July 30, 2011

Assortment

Paul Ryan: Congressman and…comedian.

I find Scott Brown’s increasingly obnoxious RINOism… disturbing.

Whoa! Smurf this!

A gallery of nonsense.

Would you buy a car from this president?

The Busted Nut gently chides Nancy Pelosi.

Did President Obama know about the notorious gun running operation in Mexico? Three Beers Later has the photographic evidence.

Dan Collins has the comic/bizarre post title of the week.

No matter how bad things get, one can never truly despair as long as our country produces courageous young people like this.

6 comments:

JeffS said...

Richard's evidence is damning, but I suggest adding this to the pile.

JeffS said...

Bravo, Corpsman Jacobs! Bravo!

RebeccaH said...

When my babies were born, military hospitals were still largely staffed with military corpsmen. They were smart, dedicated, and often funny. I'm not surprised at HN Jacobs.

I absolutely loved the "used car" story. That ought to be spread all over the blogosphere.

JorgXMcKie said...

When I was getting my leg repaired [it eventually forced me out of the military], a red-headed corpsman named Kelly and a brunette female corpsman whose name I can't recall but who was awfully cute kept me and some other guys hanging in there.

Kelly was almost certainly gay, but except for once missing cutting a stainless steel stitch and jerking it right through me leg he was a great guy with a lot of stories that kept you occupied until you could get your next pain shot.

Those two probably had as much to do with our recovery [those of us who did] as the very fine and concerned doctors and nurses we had. They were there a *lot*. Always cheerful, always ready to help, always friendly, no matter how obnoxious the patients got.

Paco said...

JXM: Those kinda folks are worth their weight in gold.

Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks, Paco. This young man and many like him are our future...

Hope your weekend was as beautiful as your wife!