Monday, April 16, 2012

Assortment

Pundit & Pundette on motherhood.

If “Stand Your Ground” laws are so awful, how come some very prominent Democrats have supported them?

The economic collapse of Los Angeles is not a matter of if, but when (thank you, public sector unions!)

George Washington, badass.

“Democrat-controlled Senate laziest in 20 years”. BTW, Harry Reid just called and left the following voicemail: “I take strong exception to…to…erm…z-z-z-z-z-z….”

An arrest has been made in connection with that horrible mob attack in Baltimore on a white tourist (I don’t plan on going to Baltimore anytime soon – or ever, really – but maybe I’ll invest in one of these, just to be on the safe side).

The Obama presidency: it’s getting to be like an orgy onboard the Titanic. Good thing we’ve got Hillary to set a dignified example…


Oops! Never mind.

So, what’s new in the English caliphate?

The absurd green fabulist, David Suzuki, thinks the problem with the Cli-Fi message is that it was never radical enough.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting one of those Kel-Tec Bullpup tactical shotguns. My local gun shop hasn't even seen one, much less sold one. And forget about their new 22 Magnum Semi-auto pistol...the waiting list for one of those is at least a year.

Mike G.

Paco said...

Mike: I think Kel Tec just began shipping those things last year. Given the heavy demand for firearms in general, what you say isn't surprising (I think I read somewhere that Ruger is also having trouble keeping up with orders).

bruce said...

Re English Caliphate:
Historically the British were more pro-Muslim and anti-Hindu, and that includes Churchill who pretty much supported Jinnah over Gandhi. And to so some extent Churchill was for Pakistan over India by what was understood at the time: That pagan unreliable Hindus would remain Britain's real enemy, while Muslims were at least monotheists. This may also have informed US foreign policy up till Reagan.

So we are stuck with British Muslim 'Conservatives' and Lords who really don't support British interests, what to speak of Western culture.

No one really foresaw how badly this would turn out now. Except maybe Anthony Burgess, who spent a lot of time in colonial Malaya. But he was always ahead of his time, and a 'racist'. Similar to Derbyshire, whose views were common in the old Empire (and the old South?)

G W Bush was the first leader of any anglo nation to break the pro-Pakistan habit, and he did it spectacularly better than anyone before, yet still not enough.

I can't see any simple way out of this.

Paco said...

Bruce: No doubt you're right. A big mess all around.

JeffS said...

Nice shotgun! Too bad they're on back order......

Old Fert said...

Ol' Hillary seems to be having quite a good time! Good for her! I disagree with her on many, many things, would not've voted for her had she run for anything I could vote for, but knocking back a few and dancing the night away I find to her credit.

Boy on a bike said...

I had a go with a Franchi SPAS once (before they became illegal). That's not a bad second option. Not as sexy, but still effective.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchi_SPAS-12

rinardman said...

I think I read somewhere that Ruger is also having trouble keeping up with orders.

The owner of a LGS told me last week that Ruger has stopped taking new orders, till they get caught up. Good thing I've got all the guns I want. For now.

RebeccaH said...

Actually, I think the less Congress does, the better off we are.

mojo said...

"No man's life, liberty or property is safe while Congress is in session."

Paco said...

Rebecca: Can't remember where I saw this, but I've always liked it - "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for Congress to do something."