Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What could possibly go wrong?

"Biden to head gun policy push after Newtown shootings".

Update: Jeff Goldstein has a must-read post on gun control.

By the way, if you’re trying to buy a sporting rifle with a 20-round-or-more magazine, good luck. I called my favorite arms store today, and they told me the Ruger mini-30 and mini-14 are next to impossible to get right now. I didn’t ask about high-capacity pistols (e.g., the Ruger SR40, one version of which is 15+1), but I imagine it might be the same story.

Now, I happen to own an SR40, so I’ve got one semi-auto pistol that’s great in a home-defense or concealed carry context. If it should wear out or break or something, I guess I’ll just festoon myself with revolvers. Happy now, gun controllers? Would you feel safer if I walked the streets carrying two .41 Magnum wheel-guns (with speed-loaders) and, say, a snub-nose S&W .38 instead of one semi-automatic pistol?

Update II: Insufferable British twit, Piers Morgan (a/k/a Piers Stefan Pughe-Morgan, born Piers Stefan O'Meara) slams gun owners.

Probably just sour grapes.

Update III: Yeah, I guess law enforcement types are the only ones who should be trusted with guns.

Update IV: Obama must act now and abolish choke holds.

9 comments:

LibertyAtStake said...

Phew! (Wiping back of hand across forehead). Appointing Biden is the surest sign the Empty Suit isn't serious about this.

Yojimbo said...



He is supposed to be the "closer" on the "cliff" negotiations, too.
Their not serious about that either.

JeffS said...

Yeah, that's what I thought as well.

But Zero could have a non-clownish gun control policy wonk on that committee. So keep both eyes on the target.

RebeccaH said...

Well, if nothing else, Slow Joe will make the gun control debate entertaining with "pull my finger" jokes.

JeffS said...

Give it a month or three, Paco, and production could be getting ahead of the curve.

Pity, one of my relatives was going to pick up a pistol about now.

rinardman said...

Give it a month or three, Paco, and production could be getting ahead of the curve.

It's all part of Obo's job creation efforts...in the firearms industry.

JeffS said...

Regarding that idiot ATF agent ...... he's just given us all a free pass, at least until Zero manages to close the private gun sales loophole (if he can).

Now I can tell the Feds, "What gun? I sold it on the INTERNET!"

bruce. said...

What do they say, it begins in tragedy and ends in farce...

The politics I mean.

The direct comparison of the USA is with the entire EU, not with any small nation like Sweden. Especially in the healthcare thing, does the EU have uniform healthcare? No it never will either. 'Gun laws' are similar.

The situation is not uniform or static either. Look at the Swiss for example, where they have no national army, and every citizen is a member of its militia, every house has a war-shelter.

Do the US lefties regard Switzerland as 'extreme right wing'? Do they even have a clue of how complex the outside world is - I saw no, they are clueless, it's US conservatives who are in touch with reality.

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...The vociferousness from the Left has led to increased sales. Walmart sold out of Bushmasters according to Richard M. Keep it up, Lefties! The gun and ammo manufacturers and retailers are showing increased profits. Probably have to add employees.

Piers Morgan and Joe Biden give clowns a bad name.