Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday funnies

I don't know much about art, but I know what stinks.

U.S./Canadian border incidents.

This item has wronwright written all over it.

An instance of taking things far too literally.

Confirmation: there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

Bizarre Coca-Cola advertisement at the 1936 Berlin Olympics.

Two elderly English actors reenact a YouTube comment fight between Justin Bieber fans (caution: language alert). H/T: The Laughing Squid.

Ok, zero tolerance policies at schools are now really getting out of hand.

7 comments:

RebeccaH said...

I think I want one of those Tardis tea pots. Anybody know where I can reach Wronwright?

JeffS said...

And here I thought the Pig War was the zenith of bizarre Canadian-American border escapades. Whoa!

Anonymous said...

The Tardis refrigerator lacks a few dozen Sumerian mead beers; perhaps wronwright was thirsty.

rinardman said...

Does a watched grill plate never boil?

TimT said...

Wronwright had better keep his stinking hands off my Sumerian ale!

Paco said...

Tim: You'd better check and see if it's still in your cabinet.

Rebecca: The last I heard, he had just been run off by King Charles VI of France after trying unsuccessfully to interest the monarch in something called a "longbow".

Robert of Ottawa said...

As a Canadian living close to the border with the US, I can attest to these stories. Especially the battle of the Windmill, but also the Fenian Raids.

Ah, wronwright, where art thou? Did you succumb to the Sumerian Mede?