Saturday, April 26, 2014

Show of hands

Is there anybody out there who has ever experienced anything so awful, shameful, horrible, grotesque or otherwise revolting that, by comparison, meeting Ted Kennedy would leave you feeling "washed clean"?

Update: I really have to quote the relevant part of Elizabeth Warren's strange confession:
After pushing the button for an elevator, I put my forehead against the cool, stainless-steel wall in the twenty-fourth-floor lobby. And then I started to cry.

Politics so often feels dirty to me — all the lobbyists and the cozy dealings and the special favors for those who could buy access. But as I stood in the lobby outside Ted Kennedy’s office, I felt as if I’d been washed clean.
Rarely, if ever, have I come across a short narrative that has packed so much confusion, hysteria, disproportionate sentiment and unintentional irony into so few words. These are the ravings of a person who should not be permitted to possess sharp implements, who would probably be far better off feeding little birds through the bars on the window of her padded cell and, at the end of the day, as a reward for good behavior, being fed apple sauce (on a long spoon) by a large, kind man in a white uniform, wearing a Taser on his belt - just in case. And yet, she is a U.S. senator. Simply amazing.

11 comments:

rinardman said...

Liberal minds have to be miswired somehow. That's not normal.

Paco said...

I think you're right. That's a circuit box that's ready to explode.

Minicapt said...

She's an economist, why would you expect her to go on at length?

Cheers

RebeccaH said...

I wonder what she'd say if she ever talked to ordinary people who ran across Teddy Kennedy, like for instance, that poor waitress who got trapped in his "man sandwich".

RebeccaH said...

I would have referenced Mary Jo Kopechne, but there's not going to be any comments from her,alas.

Robert of Ottawa said...

Proof positive, if ever needed, that it is the so-called "democrats, egalitarians and environmentalists and social democrats" that are the 1%, disconnected from the ordinary folk.

Welcome to the IMF, World Bank, EU, WHO, UN and now the USSA.

Robert of Ottawa said...

Old Ted Kennedy joke.

"Eddy, I think I am pregnant; what should we do?"

"Don't worry Mary-Jo, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it".

Paco said...

Creepily enough, I remember reading somewhere that the execrable Ted Kennedy was, himself, fond of Mary Jo Kopechne jokes.

Gregoryno6 said...

Since we're on a Teddy roll...
This pic - anyone remember that old story The Monkey's Paw?
The second wish?

JeffS said...

Senator Fauxahantas is tying herself to Ted Kennedy's "legacy".

Which ought to go swimmingly.

Paco said...

Greg: HAW!!!!