Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A bitter pill

Woe and damnation! It appears that the estimable Mr. Bingley will never be able to run for President of the United States.

What am I to do now with all of the money I have raised for the Fedora Party, which was to serve as the nationwide Bingley political machine? I suppose I could repurpose the funds to support the creation of a strategic wine reserve, or purchase a thousand acres of prime tobacco farmland located within the territory of our new friend to the south, Cuba (with the aim of converting it to rainforest, of course – er, except for a hundred acres or so that might conceivably be set aside for a small profit-making venture – strictly to cover the costs of establishing a viable rainforest, you understand – manufacturing a select line of high quality cigars. Paco Estupendos has a nice ring to it).

Perhaps I’d better check the funds balance before getting too far ahead of myself. Let’s see…one, two…four…four-fifty…five…five-and-a-quarter…Hmmm. Anybody want to split a Chick-Fil-A sandwich with me?

7 comments:

HAL9000 said...

"This is a dog license with the title crossed off and the words 'Birth Certificate' written in crayon."

"Man didn't have the right form."

Being born in Kenya should be no barrier to Bingley becoming President (or if he wants a nice rest, Vice President). There is, after all, precendent now legitimating such a birthplace for a presidential candidate.

Bingley for President! Why settle for a politician?

By the way, Paco, one of the words you demanded I type in order to prove I'm not a computer was eftates. That sounded like something that would show up on page 3 of "The Sun" tabloid newspaper in Britain.

HAL9000 said...

Perhaps Bingley should consider becoming vice presidential running mate on the Cthulhu ticket.

Vote for Cthulhu-Bingley. Why settle for the lesser evil?

Paco said...

It is not I, but apparently Blogger that demands you give the secret sign.

I'd like to see Cthulhu run for president just to see that on a bumper sticker.

RebeccaH said...

You don't actually have to prove you're not a robot. Blogspot asks, of course, and if you go ahead and publish your comment without proving you're not a robot, it will ask again. At that time you can hit publish again and it will post. Apparently it's some kind of glitch.

HAL9000 said...

I am familiar with glitches. My programmer keeps telling me they are features not bugs, but I don't believe him.

I did that four times, Rebecca, and never posted. Therefore I now will show Blogspot that my AI means I'm not a computer.

mojo said...

No, too close to estupidos. Grandes, that's the ticket.

mctasa said...

useful site replica bags china Your Domain Name best replica designer look at this now replica louis vuitton bags