Tuesday, July 19, 2016

I’m thinking of starting my own activist group

I’m going to call it My Life Matters. It will be dedicated to the proposition that, while I intend no harm or ill will to any one, I bear primary responsibility for my own safety; therefore, know all men by these presents, that I will take whatever steps I deem necessary to protect myself and my loved ones from injurious assault, battery and attempted murder, up to and including the lawful shooting of your ass drt*, irrespective of your race, color, ethnicity, religion, political beliefs, vocation, personal circumstances, economic need, dysfunctional childhood, history of mental illness, or addiction to controlled substances.

* dead right there.

6 comments:

JeffS said...

Well written, but duly stolen, Paco.

I will remove all serial numbers, of course.

Veeshir said...

I'd like a copy of your newsletter and would be interested in joining but if I were to join, would my life matter too?
Or would I be cannon fodder for when the EPA or NOAA send their SWAT teams?

Paco said...

V: The "My" can easily be extended to mean "Our".

Holding My Nose said...

This attitude may explain why the BlackLivesMatter adherents are also so rabidly in favor of gun control. They prefer to have unarmed and helpless victims.

RebeccaH said...

I second the motion.

Deborah said...

You're "thinking" of starting a activist group? Haven't you had it for... well, since your Daddy let you shoot a gun?

I suspect that Paconistas have their own groups, but since there is strength in numbers, please sign us up.