Thursday, January 31, 2019

Happy Feet Friday

From 1939, here's some smokin' swing music from Charlie Barnet. I don't know who provides the killer trumpet solo (although I believe Billy May was with the band at the time, so maybe he's the guy).





Bonus video! Speaking of wicked trumpets, here's a brief clip of the Freddie Rich band, featuring a rare video snippet of the great trumpet player, Bunny Berigan. There's also a good clarinet solo by Jimmy Dorsey, and a nice sax solo by someone I don't recognize (but feel that I should).

5 comments:

bruce said...

So that's Bunny Berrigan, and Charlie Barnett. Wow, great sounds they get on their saxes.

bruce said...

Oops, I'm a fan of sax solos, so that's what I focused on. 'someone I don't recognize (but feel that I should)' - ditto!

Paco said...

I'm going to do what research I can and see if I can identify the sax man.

bruce said...

Just looking at tenor players with receding hairline, could be Ralph Rosenlund (also spelled Rosenland) who ended up with Artie Shaw's small combos.

Paco said...

Could be.