Tuesday, January 29, 2019

I just keep thinking about that climactic scene from El Cid (starring Charlton Heston) where, in an act of desperation, the Christians strap the hero's corpse to a horse and send him outside the walls of the castle at the head of his troops

"Hillary Clinton tells friends she's leaving 2020 door open".

Hmmm. You know, in the movie, this tactic worked; the Moorish army got spooked because they were pretty sure they had killed El Cid - and to see him riding out the next morning, leading his men, was just too much for them. Could zombie Hillary beat Trump in 2020? Meh...probably not.

7 comments:

bruce said...

Like the Queen's husband, 97 and driving like a maniac, won't stop. We had a neighbour 86 fought to get back his licence when he could barely keep on the road and was a menace. Hill will be 'running for Pres' when she's permanently bed ridden. I hope I don't go like that in 20 years!

Paco said...

Not a problem for me. I've been practicing on slowing down for the last ten years.

Jonah said...

All her troops are going to come out, hacking at each other.

I have to tell you though, this 'vote harvesting' thing worries me. We've better get voting rules squared away and I don't read anywhere of anyone addressing this.

Gregoryno6 said...

She won't get the nomination, but I pity whoever does. Even though they'll be, inevitably, a cretinous Dem.
They'll spend a lot of time looking over their shoulder.

JeffS said...

The run up to 2020 is gonna look like a drunken frat fight about who leads the next panty raid.

RebeccaH said...

That scene from El Cid is soooo apt when it comes to Hillary. I suspect, though, that when she finally kicks the bucket, the Dems will chop off her head, put a stake through her heart, and burn the bones.

Deborah said...

Why would they treat their vaunted woman that way? think Hillary will be given the Vladimir Lenin treatment.