Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Fun size



Couldn't pass up another good deal on a military/police surplus firearm. This one is a Zastava M70, made in old Yugoslavia, and it came with a holster and an extra magazine. It's chambered in 7.65, or .32 Auto, as it's known under the American classification. Although generally considered an anemic caliber today, it was very popular many years ago for carry by private citizens, and also among police departments in Europe. I've always wanted something in this caliber, to round out the collection, and if I start doing New York reloads (i.e., carrying an extra gun), maybe this will come in handy. The magazine holds eight rounds, and the holster has a pouch for an extra mag. After cleaning all the cosmoline off of the gun, I took it down to the range and it performed flawlessly. It also turned out to be very accurate, and offered almost no felt recoil. The rifling in the barrel is exceptionally good, and there's no pitting anywhere that I can see. If nothing else, it's a nice little plinker.

5 comments:

Steve Skubinna said...

According to Major Boothroyd, the 7.65 has a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window.

Paco said...

Good enough for me.

Spiny Norman said...

I like the Walther PPK pea-shooter, myself.

(The only handgun I've ever hit 3 dead-center bullseyes from 30 yards the first time I picked it up.)

Paco said...

Nice shooting, old top!

That was James Bond's gun, wasn't it?

Spiny Norman said...

It was indeed.

It's very concealable (so much so, it was included in the "Saturday Night Special" ban).