Thursday, July 25, 2019

I think this explanation is probably true

John Nolte:
You want to know who Robert Mueller reminded me of yesterday?

A guilty man.

I didn’t see senility or fragility or confusion or old age or anything close to doddering.

What I saw was a guilty man forced to take the stand against his will, a guilty man who fought like hell to never appear for a cross examination. Why? Because he’s guilty. And because the facts are not on his side, because he cannot explain his behavior, because he cannot justify what he’s done, he has only one choice and that’s to stall — to ask for questions to be repeated, to pretend he doesn’t understand, to run out the clock, and when that fails, he simply refuses to answer any question (take the Fifth!) that will confirm his guilt.

And in the end we saw who Robert Mueller really is — a dissembling, dishonest, deceptive bureaucrat — a front man (Captain America!) leading a criminal gang of coup plotters staffed with partisan prosecutors, the sore losers in the establishment media, the Democrat Party, and Toxic Revengers with names like James Comey and Andrew McCabe.

6 comments:

Steve Skubinna said...

I agree. I don't think Mueller was lost and confused, I think he was very carefully stepping through a minefield, trying to keep from committing to false or unsupportable statements.

For example, when he said in the morning that they didn't recommend indictment because of the "ruling" that you can't indict a sitting President. And then in the afternoon, after he realized what he'd said was contradicted in the report, he corrected that statement, to the reason being they couldn't conclude criminal activity. Just a minor edit, right?

JeffS said...

Steve, as I noted in an earlier post:

Nolte is likely correct, but I can't help but think that some of Mueller's performance was an attempt to gain sympathy by portraying a doddering old man. But being broken on the wheel (metaphorically speaking) in a public forum could very well produce the same physical response. Shame and guilt are powerful emotions. Never think otherwise.

I think that your point is another aspect of that performance . I don't believe that the hearing was kabuki theater, though. Unless the democrats are really stretching what little they have (as in, ZERO) on Trump just to keep their base in line, and their wallets open.

Paco said...

Jeff: That could well be. I had a staff member once who adroitly used his declining mental capacity to excuse all kinds of substandard performance (which means, I guess, that even though his wits were beginning to fail him, he was still smarter than I was!)

RebeccaH said...

I think Mueller saw very clearly how the left is going to turn on him for failing to deliver their fondest wish to burn Donald Trump down. Hence the doddering old man act. Excoriating an old man for being frail and forgetful wouldn't look very good for them, now would it?

RebeccaH said...

I think Mueller saw very clearly how the left is going to turn on him for failing to deliver their fondest wish to burn Donald Trump down. Hence the doddering old man act. Excoriating an old man for being frail and forgetful wouldn't look very good for them, now would it?

Winston Smith said...

RebeccaH. I don't think being a doddering old man will save him from Arkancide.