Tuesday, July 30, 2019

The sort of people complaining about the nominee for Director of National Intelligence, John Ratcliffe...

...and simultaneously praising Dan Coats (fired by Trump) makes me think this was most likely a good decision.

Joe Scarborough's hysterical reaction, alone, makes me think the decision may have been well-nigh brilliant:
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough went way off-script on "Morning Joe" Monday morning, repeatedly referring to the mild-mannered Ratcliffe as a "fascist clown"
I suppose all Trump supporters are now officially fascists. So, my question is this: where are my government-issued jackboots and cool black uniform? I don't have to pay for those out of my own pocket, do I?

4 comments:

rinardman said...

Not only do I need jackboots & uniform, I need some training in how to be a fascist.

Will there be a boot camp where I can get proper training?

Paco said...

I think the idea is that if we just listen to Trump's speeches (and to Rush Limbaugh on the radio) it will all just come naturally.

rinardman said...

Oh. Well, I've been listening to Rush for many years and I don't feel like I'm a fascist, yet.

Maybe I'm just not a natural born fascist. Or, maybe it's the 'teaching an old dog new tricks' thingy.

Paco said...

You need to learn to embrace your inner Mussolini.