Thursday, October 10, 2019

Um....ok

The Economist has decided that, really, electricity is pretty overrated.

Update: With respect to another, er, "magazine", I hit a link over at Ace's sidebar that took me to The Dispatch, which looks, as advertised by the sidebar commenter, like a mere blog. In any event, I started to read an article on the Trump administration's defiant response to Congress regarding its bogus impeachment inquiry, and it's exactly what you would expect: criticism of Trump with exactly zero context on the motivations of the donk hacks running the show, the lack of evidence of any crime, etc. I can't remember where I read it (probably in the comments in one of Ace's posts), but someone said the Left is using the NeverTrumper "conservatives" as a booty call, and these clunks will get dumped by their lefty friends as soon as Trump is out of office. No telling what these bozos are going to do once Trump is gone; I see no path to a return to credibility for them.

The outfit's podcast is called The Remnant. Nah. Just leftovers that have sat out too long.

1 comment:

RebeccaH said...

I couldn't read the whole article because it's behind a paywall, but the first paragraph led me to believe that The Economist opposes electricity for the rural population in Third World countries. How racist is that? Most likely the thinking is that if Third World countries manage to raise the living standard of their people, those people won't be trying so hard to get into First World countries, which threatens elitist plans to get themselves an ignorant and compliant new population of voters. I hadn't thought of coverage for PG&E and California's poor land management, but that's certainly plausible too.