Thursday, November 14, 2019

Happy Feet Friday

Today Paco Enterprises salutes the most magnificent of all musical instruments, the human voice.

First up are Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Marie Knight. Both women had successful careers as pop singers with swing bands, but were also serious gospel singers, frequently performing and recording together. Here they are with “Didn't It Rain” - and I've got to tell you, when these ladies really get going, the degree of passion and joy they put into this song gives me a little chill down my spine.



And now check out the Jubilaires (who also recorded under the name, the Dixieaires) , singing “Casey Jones” like you've never heard it before.


1 comment:

bruce said...

Can't resist a heartfelt recommendation. 'Is that a Gospel lyric?' I thought at first. Then it hit me, Noah and the Flood of course, and they get religious at the end too. Alleluiah, nice.

Casey Jones is great- those harmonies. Didn't quite catch the story in the lyric, but it brought back old memories of the TV show, which was a long time ago and I'd forgotten.