Friday, February 14, 2020

So, just how deep is the Deep State?

What the hell: "DOJ Will Not Charge Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe". Sure, he got fired and he lost his pension, but the guy broke the law. Trump's people are going to jail for what McCabe did.

You know, Trump caught some grief from his AG for Tweeting so much about on-going trials and other matters, and I kind of saw where Barr was coming from. On the other hand, this person makes a great point: "You know what would stop Trump tweeting about the DOJ? Throw someone in [f***ing] prison already. We can see you Deep State [a$$holes]." (H/T: Instpundit).

It's unlikely, but if I ever get compelled to serve on a federal jury, it's going to be jury nullification all the way, baby. And if I ever find myself in a situation where I'm a defendant on a federal matter, I'm going to ground. You bastards will find me just as soon as you find D.B. Cooper.

On the other hand, AG Barr has done this: "AG Barr Appoints Prosecutor to Audit Criminal Case Against Trump Former Adviser Michael Flynn". Sounds promising, but we'll have to see if it's just window dressing.

For now, I'm just saying that my faith in Barr is strongly qualified.

9 comments:

Veeshir said...

This is why I stopped posting.
I just can't post my 10,000th post about no repercussions for our fine betters while the GOP DEMANDS ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't want to say anything intemperate, I'm part of the underclass.

Paco said...

It does get tedious, doesn't it? Waiting, not for the other, but for the initial shoe to drop. On the other hand, I've read you in intemperate mode, and I find always find your comments refreshing, to say the least.

bruce said...

From twitter:

Azathoth
@ArkhamRealty

Right now Avenatti is wishing he worked for the FBI.

rinardman said...

It does get tedious, doesn't it?

Tedious, and mentally fatiguing. I haven't been posting much lately because I feel like I'm getting a form of burn-out from the daily assault on my psyche by the endless examples of stupidity and crassness from the political class in this country. It's like they want to drive me crazy.

Paco said...

R-man: I feel your pain, brother. It is sad how everything has become politicized - sports, entertainment, the weather, even knitting. And the left-wing cross-pollination between academics, politics, literature, film-making, news reporting, the permanent bureaucracy - it's just shocking how it has led to so much arrogance and lack of accountability, to such an enormous decline in civility and fair dealing, to such disdain for the rule of law.

Paco said...

Bruce: I'll bet he does!

RebeccaH said...

I am so tired of these "investigations" that get drawn out for months, even years. It's like they're hoping the public will have forgotten all about it by the time they issue their decisions not to prosecute. I'm not in favor of kangaroo courts, but how is it that Republicans can be "investigated" endlessly and then sent to prison, while Democrats get off scot-free for committing the very same offenses?

JeffS said...

For now, I'm just saying that my faith in Barr is strongly qualified.

My faith in Barr is, at best, severely limited, considering his role in the Ruby Ridge killings.

Paco said...

Make that "very, very strongly qualified".