Friday, March 20, 2020

More media hackery and flackery

Oh, by all means, let's get worked up over whether referring to it as the Chinese virus is xenophobic or racist - unlike all those other times.
In what can only be described as a moment of unconscious self-parody, the media pretended not to understand why Trump would refer to the virus in geographic terms—as if they’d never heard of the Spanish Flu, West Nile Virus, Ebola, Zika, Lyme Disease, or the many other diseases named for their places of origin.
Frankly, as long as the Chinese government continues to push the propaganda that this virus actually originated in the United States, I don't think there'd be anything wrong with calling it the Chinese Communist Party Virus (not my idea; something I saw somewhere on the internet yesterday, but can't remember where).

Update Suicidal: "Media Continues Corporate/Chinese Propaganda Push".

Update II Political cartoonist A.F. Branco has an interesting perspective.

7 comments:

RebeccaH said...

The Chinese Communist Party virus takes too long to say. I prefer the Kung flu.

Paco said...

Motion carried.

Veeshir said...

I was thinking commie flu.

When that "journalist" whined about someone calling it "kung flu" the first thing I thought was, "I wish I had thought of that."
The second was "What a tool."
The third was "mmmmm bacon."

I saw Charmin toilet paper at Amazon this morning. I put it in my cart and checked for a book I wanted to buy. When I got back to my cart the tp was gone.
Sonomogun.

Paco said...

V: You've got to move fast. Mrs. Paco scored a 30-roll package on Walmart, but within the hour, everything was out-of-stock. The box arrived today, delivered by FedX, in an armored car (enh, I might have made up that last part). It's weird; I felt as if someone had just left a chest full of Krugerrands by my front door.

Keep trying. I think windows of opportunity do open periodically.

Paco said...

I meant to say "online at Walmart".

bruce said...

I see folks in Japan are hoarding TP too. I thought they had those fancy thrones which automatically wash and dry, oh well.

Deborah said...

Keep a weather eye out for porch pirates.