Saturday, May 23, 2020

Assortment (eclectic edition)

Where is Cuomo's apology? Why, lining the nest of a great auk, I imagine, or enmeshed in the feathers of a moa.

Red State makes the case that FBI Director Christopher Wray's upcoming investigation into the handling of General Flynn has some teeth. I'm still suspicious that the teeth, at most, will only wind up biting some mid-level flunkies who were just bit players. We'll see (why not, as I believe Veeshir has suggested, a special counsel?)

A question we in the U.S. need to be asking, as well: "Can Australia Flatten the Curve of Its Economic Dependence on China?".

I don't follow the NFL very closely, but it appears that under Commissioner Roger Goodell's stewardship, the whole thing is turning into a criminal organization.

Ok, one down, how many umpteen thousands to go? "Ex-Philly election official pleads guilty to stuffing ballot box for Democrats".

Don't be a lonely loser! Join scores of other losers just like you at the NeverTrump convention in Charlotte, NC this summer!




Here are a couple more videos by Mark Felton on some little-known aspects of WWII.

Obviously not all French citizens opposed the Nazis. Here is the story of Frenchmen who were actually formed into an SS unit.




This is the story of the mysterious SS Werewolves (not the Lon Chaney, Jr., kind, but an outfit that was supposed to carry on guerrilla operations against the allies in the last chaotic months of the Third Reich).



9 comments:

rinardman said...

Some memes make themselves

Ya know, I saw that one on this week's TWIP this morning, and I sat and stared at it a good two minutes, thinking "I'm not getting it." But when I saw it here, the joke in it was the first thing I saw. The mind works in strange ways, sometimes. At least mine does.

Oh, and a story kinda related to the Phillie voting fraud. From a report on the Evansville, IN news last night: it seems someone there mailed out 400 absentee ballot request forms with the Dimocrat ballot selection box already checked. An honest mistake I'm sure, not at all suspicious. But a bunch of ungrateful Republicans still complained.

Veeshir said...

Ahh, Philly. Where they had precincts that voted 103% against Romney.

I wasn't in favor of a special prosecutor, I meant that as a typical thing to get me to shut up.
I just want a regular prosecutor, like that Durham guy, who can and will bring charges.
Special prosecutors have been circuses every time as it all plays out in the media.

Paco said...

Yes, in reviewing the comments you did say independent prosecutor, not special prosecutor.

I'm with you. Use a regular prosecutor who isn't on a "mission to save democracy" from people Democrats don't like.

JeffS said...

The WWI videos are interesting!

I've read of the foreign members of the SS before. The "Werewolves" legacy (mostly propaganda) lasted well into the 1980s. The guerrilla caches were still being found when I was in Germany. Any engineer unit (especially when digging) was warned about these caches. Standing orders were: Hands off! Stand back! Call the Polizei!

Pity, that. A couple of NCOs described what they saw in one such cache, and it was a gun collector's dream.

RebeccaH said...

I fully expect Wray's investigation will nab all the designated scapegoats. Nobody should fool themselves into thinking that the masterminds (*cough* Obama, Clapper, Brennan et al *cough*) will ever pay for what they did.

Spiny Norman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spiny Norman said...

I've read of the foreign members of the SS before.

IIRC, there were a lot of Polish SS troops in Normandy on D-Day and after. "Conscripts", they claimed to be.

What was the name of the war cemetery in Belgium that President Reagan visited that also contained the graves of Belgian resistance dead, but also the graves of Flemish SS volunteers. Or was President Bush who visited it?

Spiny Norman said...

Also, also, and also also.

[Courtesy of the Department of Redundancy Department]

Spiny Norman said...

Deleted my comment because once I got the video to play, I saw Felton already mentioned it.