Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Biden plays the "dog face" card again

"Joe Biden rips Trump over coronavirus, calls reporter ‘lying dog face’".

As noted in the linked article, Biden spit out this insult in response to a question about...cognitive decline.

He does get a little testy when anybody suggests that Father Time (who, contrary to inaccurate reports, is actually older than Biden) has shaved a few watts off of Joe's light bulb.

Btw, "dog face" is slang for a U.S. soldier, usually an infantryman, but is now kind of archaic. I don't know what Biden thinks he means when he employs this expression (I use the word "thinks" loosely).

3 comments:

Veeshir said...

I saw Fort Apache or Rio Grande, I forget which, where the narrator calls the cavalry troopers "Dog-faced pony soldiers".
That's the only place I've heard both together, except for Biden's insults.

I think Bill Mauldin repopularized it in WWII, but I could be wrong about that.
Either way, Biden's a senile fool and his campaign is elder abuse.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't stand watching Tucker Carlson's opening rant.
It makes me notice stuff I've tried to shut out.
He's just about the only national figure, except Trump, who says that stuff.
Which is important if harmful to my serenity.
Yeah, I just got done watching it on youtube. I wonder when they'll censor him. He says mean things about Dem front groups. Including our fine GOP betters.

Paco said...

I think it's possible two or three expressions are being conflated:

1) Dog face: slang for U.S. Army enlisted man, primarily in WWII;

2) Pony soldier: used, almost exclusively by Indians in westerns, to describe U.S Cavalry troopers (and, at least in one movie, RCMP troopers);

3) Dog soldier: a reference to Cheyenne warriors.

Yeah, Tucker tells it like it is, which can be mighty depressing.

RebeccaH said...

"Lying dog-face pony soldier" must be a stock phrase Biden uses in private, only since his filter is skewed now, he says it in public. This time, it looks like he caught himself before he got to the "pony soldier" part because he remembered that Dr. Jill, his ... sister? ... wife? ... warned him that it made him sound cuckoo. In any case, people suffering from increasing dementia will deny to the point of death that there's anything wrong with their minds.