Tuesday, June 2, 2020

King Charles II famously said that Presbyterianism is no religion for a gentleman

What is less well known is the rest of the quote: Anglicanism is no religion for a Christian.

Now, I'm not making fun of anybody's particular religion; God knows that, as a Catholic in the age of Francis, I don't have room to talk. But the Anglicans and Episcopalians have been dominated for quite some time by the worst sort of social justice dupes who never miss a chance to undermine the very civilization that nourished the growth of their faith.

Case in point: Bishop Budde of Washington, DC, who condemned President Trump for showing up outside of St. John's (torched by the mob, incidentally) and holding up a Bible, while condemning the violence.

7 comments:

Spiny Norman said...

"Liberation Theology" lives on, continuing to infect more and more denominations of Christianity, even though its creator, the Soviet Union, is dead and buried.

Spiny Norman said...

Kinda like it's actual "religion", Marxism, and its creator.

smitty1e said...

I'm such a dumb Baptist that I just cling to the Bible as written.

Paco said...

Well, just don't cling to it in front of St. John's without getting the prior permission of Her Most Reverend Excellency, Mariann Budde.

RebeccaH said...

It's worthwhile to note that the Episcopal Church is infested to the rafters with lesbian "priests". I suspect Bishop Budde is one of those.

Anonymous said...

The Archbishop of Washington is unhappy at Trump?
What's the Archbishop so unhappy about?

Trump just achieved something I've never seen in my lifetime.

He got a photo of a Bible onto every front page in the world.
He also got it onto every TV news bulletin in the world.

(He also just put her church onto every tourist map of DC.)

Steve at the Pub said...

Bluddee hell, that is me.
"Anonymous" indeed.

I got shadowbanned by the Prejudiced Anonymising & Cancelling Organ.

Guess I shoulda paid by credit card that mysterious bill I got via email a week or so ago.