Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Not surprising

"Gun sales surge 80% in May".

I believe it. When I'm not buying guns, I'm window shopping, perusing online sites that sell guns and ammo. It's amazing how the supply of many popular firearms has completely dried up. I've been regularly looking at Bud's Guns, Classic Firearms, Centerfire Guns, Sportsman's Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc., and all those Mossberg Shockwave and 590A shotguns, the Remington Tac-14 and DM 870 shotguns, the Kel-Tec Sub-2000 folding pistol-caliber carbines, various scout-style rifles - Poof!, they're all gone. I've seen sites where the only 9mm cartridges available were blanks and shot-shell loads. There's still quite a range of handguns that are available, but many individual models have become scarce (Rock Island Armory's 16-round 10mm pistol, for example, some of the "budget" .357 revolvers from EAA and RIA, the S&W M642 Airweight).

I guess, given the run on shotguns, people are taking sleepy Joe's advice ("Buy a shotgun"). They are pretty effective during riots.

3 comments:

ck said...

My brother has been looking for an AR, I spotted a real nice Palmetto kit, mid-length gas system, stainless barrel and nice magpul furniture. I called him and ended up ordering it that day. Fortunately it's in the mail now as it sold out shortly along with everything similar. It looked like the ammo was on the comeback when stage 2 of the kung flu hoax morphed into the insurrection and dem supported riots. Everybody that doesn't shoot as much as I do has to be awfully well stocked. There is no way people are shooting as much as their buying.

Paco said...

Congratulations on getting in under the wire!

JeffS said...

I had the boyfriend of a niece ask about shotguns for home defense -- he had researched his options, and wanted my take.

This character is not what I want to see in the family, but at least he's asking some of the right questions. I have no idea if he followed through on the matter.

Shotguns make sense for the untrained and/or inexperienced -- to a certain extent, aiming one is like using a garden hose. I just hope someone advises these noobs on ammunition selection.

And -- at least here in the Evergreen State -- there are fewer bureaucratic barriers (all for the sake of "gun safety", of course) in buying a pump action shotgun. Semi-automatic shotguns are a different matter.