Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The revolution will be Oprahfied

Bad enough that our society is being rocked by leftwing violence and its abettors in the Democrat party and the media. We're now going to get an injection of cinematic mendacity shot through with the kind of insipid, unthinking, maudlin, emotional glop that only this oppressed billionaire can provide: "Oprah Winfrey, Lionsgate Team to Bring New York Times’ ‘1619 Project’ to TV and Film".

The self-serving ideological blinders and fact-resistant tinfoil hats worn by our "elites" are ultimately going to prove utterly self-destructive. My concern is that all the rest of us risk seeing the destruction of our way of life before this nightmare of spastic infantilism fueled by the money and direction of genuinely evil actors comes to an end.

5 comments:

JeffS said...

Oprah's role in producing the movie "A Wrinkle In Time" turned a great story into a genuine failure.

I can't help but think her part in this is anything but beneficial.

Veeshir said...

I'm in favor of this.
It should lose plenty of money for the America-haters while pulling back the mask the mask on their idiocy, ignorance and hatred for America.
It's mostly flown below the radar until now, sunlight is the best disinfectant.

OT, but I'm sure tomorrow everyone will be talking about how the Far Side has new material out.
It's sorta funny.
Hopefully we can have something that ignores politics.

Paco said...

I think Oprah could single-handedly turn this fraudulent history, quite unwittingly, into a tremendous nothingburger of tedious melodrama; might set the whole bm movement - sorry, I mean BLM movement - back a decade.

Looking forward to the Return of the Far Side.

Spiny Norman said...

When's Far Side returning? And where?

Another 1980s comic icon, Bloom County, has been back for 3 or 4 years, but only on Facebook.

I deleted my FB page because of my sister's incoherent TDS raging. She found out I'd "muted" her (how, I don't know), so I told her I has getting "harassed" so I "muted" everyone. I don't think she bought it, so I just deleted the whole farking thing.

Spiny Norman said...

Oh, nevermind. His website (that I already had bookmarked).