Tuesday, August 18, 2020

I gotcha covered, copper!

"GUMSHOE ROSCOES: CLASSIC FILM NOIR REVOLVERS & PISTOLS"

I've gotten in the habit of checking out the firearms used in old movies - not just film noir, but westerns, too. Westerns, unfortunately, at least the older ones, were often way off in terms of period accuracy. So, you might see a movie set in the immediate post-civil war period featuring characters carrying 1873 peacekeepers, or a sheriff in 1870s Colorado carrying an 1892 Winchester. Attention to historical detail is much greater now, obviously. 

3 comments:

Spiny Norman said...

Following through the links, I saw a couple of pretty nickel-plated pistols, including a Walther PPK/S listed for $699.00.

I've always been fond of the look of old-school auto-loaders in nickel.

Paco said...

They do look nice.

Spiny Norman said...

My old departed friend, the collector, had a beautifully polished M1911 that looked brand new, but was about 50 years old. I wonder if his widow still has it. I know she still has his Toyota 4X - I and all the rest of his friends at least waited until after the memorial service if she intended to sell it.