Monday, September 7, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"There are countless horrible things happening all over the world and horrible people prospering, but we must never allow them to disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to sabotage and annoy them whenever possible." -Auberon Waugh
I'll be listening to this as I (briefly) relax today!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnuMaA7duo&list=RDhSnuMaA7duo&start_radio=1
(I thought about linking the CCR version, but this is authentic!)
That was Old Paco's favorite song! I'm sure it was back-breaking labor, but he always remembered his time as a cotton picker fondly (he even won a local cotton-picking contest when he was a teenager!) I guess his hardscrabble youth made him appreciate his later career successes even more.
DeleteWhich one is Mrs. Paco? Doesn't look like her on the horse...
ReplyDeleteShe's sitting in the shade, taking the picture.
DeleteActually, she's in a shed working the cotton gin.
DeleteI haven't had a job in over a year, basically retired but I might get a job if I start getting too bored.
ReplyDeleteSo naturally on Labor Day, I'm working.
Loading the last 5X8 trailer behind my Mustang, going to KY probably tonight.
You driving from AZ?
DeleteOhio. I moved my stuff here to near my sister's then looked for a place in KY.
DeleteIt's 6 hours, very easy. Pretty much 76 to 77 to 64 to KY 23 to KY 201 and I'm home.
I know the route very well.
Oh, that's right. You mentioned that you were staying there temporarily. I had forgotten.
DeleteI had to travel on a highway for a few miles to get to the storage unit.
DeleteI got 13.6mpg, the same I got with the trailer fully loaded from AZ to OH.
Weird. Loading it doesn't change my mpg.
I'm in the hospital. After I lost a lot of weight I reverted to a prediabetic state that was easy to manage. Apparently diabetes has come roaring back and announced itself with six hours of nonstop vomiting which they've got under control now. Today would have been my 58th wedding anniversary.
DeleteRebecca, I'm very sorry to hear about your illness and I hope you thrash this thing again. I'll be praying for you.
Delete