Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Why, you could've knocked me over with a feather

Democratic Senate candidate Roy Cooper (our former governor) is soft on crime: as governor, he freed some 3,500 prisoners, pleading "COVID-related" issues, many of them  violent offenders who went on to commit murder, rape and assault (What's the deal Roy? You couldn't find any pickpockets, embezzlers and copper-wire thieves to let loose?).

Get this: it turns out that he also likes to tax people - "Roy Cooper Is a Tax Maniac".

Can you imagine? A Democrat who likes to increase taxes every chance he gets! I never heard of such a thing! 

His commercials, by the way, are deceptive and, in some cases, just plain stupid. In one, he says, "I have a plan to make stuff cost less". Literally. Verbatim. That's what he says. I have a plan to make stuff cost less. But I guess it's a super-secret plan, because he hasn't told anybody what it is. Guess I ought to take a chance and execute a forward sales contract on some "stuff", locking in those high prices now, 'cause ol' Roy says they're comin' down.

3 comments:

  1. The obvious path is to pass a law mandating that, uh, stuffmongers reduces prices for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so sick of political ads and politicians and their pie-in-the-sky promises and their juvenile attacks on each other. I already know how I’m going to vote, but I can’t help feeling its all a crapshoot.

    ReplyDelete