Saturday, October 3, 2026

We are becoming an increasingly sick society

This kind of thing is getting to be all too common:

"Texas Mom Allegedly Guns Down 4-Year-Old Daughter Before Turning Weapon on Herself Hours After Losing Nasty Custody Battle".

Short of divine intervention, I don't know how we are going to turn this society around. More and more people seem to be born with, or otherwise acquire, defective moral compasses. Widespread moral apathy, a culture which has come to disdain self-control, teaching people to reach for death as the first and best solution to the problems of life, a legal system which has become detached from the idea of punishment, the denial of reality...how long, O Lord?

2 comments:

  1. That is horrific, in every sense of the word.

    And I don't know either, both turning around and how long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can accuse me of being intellectually lazy, and I wouldn't protest, but I put most of the blame on the World Wide Web.
    As far as people acquiring defective moral compasses (and a lot of other defects), well, what's clearly the biggest (new) distributor of news, social communication, and 'educational content' that has appeared in the last 20 some years? Our old friend, the internet.

    Just don't ask me what the answer to the problem is, cause I'd just say there isn't one.

    ReplyDelete