Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Assortment

1) I rather suspect that, under Biden's guidance, we would wind up with a Supreme Court nominee who ran from the dogcatcher.

2) Boy on a Bike deconstructs some cherished myths.

3) Hey, you liberal members of the mainstream media! We're taking names... (H/T to the excellent Scribbler's Pen)

4) When baloney meets grinder.

5) The Master hits yet another home run.

6) JOE BIDEN'S HAIR PLUGS TRANSPLANTED FROM ANDREW SULLIVAN'S BUTTOCKS! (Just a rumor, of course; so why doesn't Joe release the DNA samples and lay this scandal to rest?)

7) Sarah Palin just gave a helluva speech. She was poised, confident and ready to take on...well, everybody, if necessary. There was a good mix of humor and serious policy talk (particularly energy), numerous references to McCain's heroism and service to country (a great line: "The Democrats talk about fighting for you; John McCain is the only candidate in this election who has actually fought for you.") The crowd was ecstatic, many were in tears, and her family was adorable. I am absolutely delighted with the way she came across. Win or lose this election, I think she's got a great future.

Our computer spy-ware just captured the last line of Andrew Sullivan's live-blogging of Palin's speech: "Oh my God! I'M NO LONGER GAY!! Damn you, Sarah Palin! Daaammnn youuuu!!!!"

8) Rudy Giuliani gave what was, in my opinion, the best speech of the convention (or maybe I should say, the most energetic), and delivered what was, for my money, the best line. He had been criticizing the fact that Obama had voted "present" a bazillion times as a senator: "When you're President, you don't get to vote 'present'!"

9) BTW, I like when Palin looks directly into the camera. You know what that face suggests? An eagle that's just spotted a little white rabbit (with hair plugs).

8 comments:

RR Ryan said...

Boy, she does seem a bit peeved, and rightly so. I can't imagine having to talk to someone that intentionally oblivious. Unfortunately, I can't stop buying something I've never bought, so there it is.

Paco said...

RR: Tell you what; why don't we take out subscriptions, then immediately cancel them and demand our money back, in language expressing high dudgeon?

Paco said...

RR: Tell you something else, with respect to that video. Never have I seen an interview where (a) the interviewee was so full of crap, (b) the interviewee knew he was full of crap, and (c) the interviewee knew the interviewer knew he was full of crap. A classic case of "the dog ate my homework."

Anonymous said...

Anybody listening to Sarah Palin's speech? Forget the moose, she knows how to field dress Democrats.

Retread

Anonymous said...

Retread, she not only field dressed the Democrats, she smoked enough of them to feed a village for an entire winter. Famine is averted!!!

I especially liked her comment "A small town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, only with responsibilities."

Bulls eye!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and here's a strange note, possibly indicative of nothing, but interesting, nonetheless:

I worked out tonight at my club. When I hit the exercise machines (I prefer the elliptical machine myself), 3 of the 4 TVs were tuned to Fox News Channel. The 4th was tuned to a Fox news affiliate. All had Governor Palin's speech. Usually these sets are tuned every which way. Not tonight.

Minicapt said...

Obama For President: The Documentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAVYYe87b9w

Cheers
JMH

Anonymous said...

I love that thing she does with her face when she's really laying it down.

Oh my.