Sunday, November 16, 2008

Assortment

1) Good friend El Cid (or rather, as he's styling himeself these days, El Campeador) has an interesting post on Obama as a role model.

2) I’ve long known that Minnesota was a “blue” state, but for some reason I always figured that its liberals were of the goofy, nicey-nice variety – you know, the kind of folks who, out of basic good-heartedness, will, unbidden and completely unknown to you, pick up your mail while you’re out of town, then forget to bring it over until three months after you return. Apparently, I was wrong; nice people, no matter how dopey they are, wouldn’t have brought a jerk like Al Franken this close to a senate seat.


Photo of Franken via Moonbattery

3) Seraphic Secret reminds us that the world’s a dangerous place.

4) Jay Nordlinger offers up some prime post-election red meat.

5) Nighty-night, Obama fans! (H/T: Babalu)

6) Some fascinating color photos from WWI (H/T: Captain Heinrichs)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, kinda' had to change my name and image, with me in the witness protection program.

I was the one that confirmed Jose Zapatero was in fact, Mr.Bean .

The Spaniards are really ticked.

The Feds have me safely ensconced in Roswell, NM 672 W. Little Green Man Roa...OOOPPS. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

As to Franken...If he is allowed to steal this election, will he be Franking Franken?...or something similar.

The Great State of Minnesota has two cities that reflect on this election...Brainerd and Bemidji.

Franken is identified with the latter, 'cause he damn sure isn't the former.

Paco said...

By golly, Zapatero really does look like Mr. Bean!

Anonymous said...

Franken in the Senate? For balance, make Rosie Secretary of State.

RebeccaH said...

If Franken "wins", I expect Minnesotans to take up the battle cry "Stolen Election!"

Anonymous said...

Nothing noteworthy to type< I just liked the eye test word

rednet

Great name for your new blog Senor Paco?

Falls in line with your political philosophy AND the "net", for the detective, in the family.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, say old chap..Let me ADD something to my last...well you know.."political philosophy", lest someone get the wrong idea...

Red as in RED STATE.

Had the headset on jammin' with some rock...

My gosh, what those Islamics will stoop too...they issued an ANTSWA.

RR Ryan said...

I'm sending you the bill for my hysterical blindness. Al Franken in diapers? With a giant stuffed bunny?

RR Ryan said...

Ok, so he has the bunny ears and the toy is a bear. I'm not sure that helps.