Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Feet Friday

Largely (and sadly) forgotten today, Amos Milburn was a popular and influential figure on the post-war R&B scene, with his finger-bustin’ Texas boogie-woogie piano style. Here he is playing “Down the Road A Piece” (Note: the gentleman who introduces Milburn is Willie Bryant, a musician and bandleader who hosted a television show in the early ‘50’s that featured live broadcasts of jazz and R&B artists from the Apollo Theater in Harlem. Dang! Where’s the Tardis when I really need it?)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, he could pound those keys!

Paco said...

He could be smooth, too. In fact, I believe his biggest hit was probably the bluesy "Bad Whiskey".

Anonymous said...

Paco, I protefteth. You bring out Friday Happy feet on Thursday and it is already saturday

We are not worthy, oh time lord.

Paco said...

I think the date and time represent the date and time that I type something up and save it, not when I actually post it. So, there's no funny business with the space-time continuum (not by me, at ant rate; no telling what Wronwright may be up to).