Sunday, March 4, 2012

Good weekend

Mrs. Paco and I visited the National Firearms Museum on Saturday. Terrific collection, including almost every conceivable type of gun (really, you name it, they've probably got it: matchlocks, Gatling guns, Colt dragoons, Mausers, M-1s, shotguns, cannons, ad infinitum). The admission is free (that's also a plus!) Take a cyber-tour through their galleries when you have time.

Come see it soon, before Obama beats all that weaponry into wind turbines and flower trellises.

Meanwhile, Steve Burri carries Sandra Fluke's argument to its logical conclusion.

7 comments:

Yojimbo said...

If you ever get the chance, please visit the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody. It's a great place. I have been there several times. That was many moons ago however.

JeffS said...

Obama won't beat the weapons into other tools, he'll permanently disable the weapons, and relabel the exhibits as proof of how Evil Rethuglicans used to intimidate voters.

mojo said...

"Standing athwart History holding a BFG and yelling "Hit the dirt!""

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...I didn't even know there is a firearms museum. Add one more thing to the bucket list. The things you learn at PE. Maybe there should be a Paco University, Professor.

Speaking of universities (like the seg way). Steve's suggestion is a good one, but wouldn't it make more sense to make the anti-gun folks pay for our gun slut habits? It would work for me if, 1) they didn't insist on making me buy certain ammo, cleaning equipment, etc, and 2) if I wasn't Conservative.

Is Fluke her real name?

Rush shouldn't have apologized.

Steve Burri said...

Deborah's suggestion was a good one. The Brady Center for Prevention of Gun Violence should be billed/taxed for my subsidy.

Swearjar said...

I went there in June 2009 with my brother, who was visiting me while I was posted to the USA. A-mazing. I liked the John Wayne collection (of guns he'd used in the movies). We just popped in by chance as we were heading up I-66 to Fair Oaks mall, I think. Great gift shop, too!

Paco said...

Swearjar: The Hollywood section does, indeed, have some interesting pieces. I really liked the guns used by Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales.