Monday, March 12, 2012

Lost Leonardo?

"In what some art experts say would be one of the biggest discoveries of the century, researchers in Italy think they may have discovered a long-lost painting by Leonardo da Vinci behind a 16th century fresco in Florence."

You want to be careful with that. I once owned an original Jackson Pollock, and some expert told me he thought there was a Raphael beneath it. I considered the risk, and had Pollock's work carefully stripped away. You know what the first picture turned out to be?

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...



Meh. I still like it better than the Pollock.

5 comments:

rinardman said...

A dog smoking a pipe?

C'mon. Get real!

JeffS said...

I prefer dogs playing poker over da Vinci any day. It's how I roll.

mojo said...

Nice. But is it the original?

RebeccaH said...

You can always just throw some paint at another canvas. Voila! Instant Pollock.

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...Paco, you sure it was a Jackson Pollock, not the elephant named Pollock. Same style. Easily confused. If you bought it at the Posters and Cigarette Outlet, then it probably wasn't a Jackson. I hate to break the down side, but Pollock is becoming more collectable, as animal artists are more recognized. At least it fits with any color scheme. But then so do dogs.