Monday, April 9, 2012

Busy, busy

Has Detective Paco had his license revoked? Did J. Packington Paco III succumb to apoplexy after one of his typical six-course meals? Was Brad Smilo fired by Paco World News Daily (PWND) for engaging in NBC-producer-type editing?

Some of you may be glad to learn that the answer to all three questions is “no”. It’s just that real life has been taking quite a toll on body and soul recently, which has led to a dearth of opportunities for genuinely original, creative posting here at Paco Enterprises. But keep a stiff upper lip (although, I don’t know about you, but whenever I try that I wind up looking vaguely like a chimpanzee). There are a couple of good things in the works.

I received the proofs from my publisher for the Che novel today, so, as soon as I make final corrections/changes, I’ll be sending that back for publication (and remember: I need to sell enough copies to generate royalties sufficient to fund the purchase of a new hat). I’m also mulling over a story featuring J.Packington Paco III and Bill Ayers - inspired by the commie professor’s statement that he gets up every morning, warmed by the idea that, “today, I will end capitalism.” Wouldn’t it be amusing, I thought, if J.P. ended Bill Ayers, instead? And perhaps my 18th century alter ego, Junius, will have a few more things to say to the scabrous louts who people the environs of the nation’s capital, and prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of our patrimony.

Anyhow, those are my windy promises, which I hope you all will find nearly as nourishing as the product itself.

8 comments:

JeffS said...

I trust that you won't charge too much extra for the autograph on your Che novel.

Yojimbo said...

Maybe we should get his autograph before?

Paco said...

YoJ: Now you're thinking like a Paco Enterprises executive!

bruce said...

Make sure you take care of yourself old chum. We've got a ways to go yet.

Blair mentions that Lavratious Podeo has called quits. I remember the day they started, 2005 apparently.

We all go way back....

Paco said...

Bruce: Ah, the memories!

richard mcenroe said...

I was going to get my e-book edition autographed.

SOB ruined my tablet screen...

RebeccaH said...

I look forward to the return of our old friends from the Pacoverse, and the debut of your publication.

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...I needed a bit of good news today given the suspension of the Santorum campaign.