Saturday, September 22, 2012

Assortment

Sweet dreams, Mr. President.

What Obama was actually thinking when he was on the Letterman Show.

The view of Obama by blacks is not one of monolithic approval.

Some funny tweets about Obama, collected by Pixie Place II (my favorite: @exjon: At this point, there could be video of Obama reading “My Pet Goat” and the press would praise it’s Proustian narrative structure).

Randy brings the funny.

Steve Burri finds the ideal sample ballot.

Hey, Mr. Prez, I got a question...

Sure, Scarlett Johanson is sexy; but I've always thought that she looked kinda, you know, dumb. And what do you know, she really is.

Fishersville Mike discovers an ideal candidate for a budget job in the Obama administration.

Woof!

(H/T: Moonbattery)

Univision appearance backfires on Barry.

Fast and Furious guns now turning up in Colombia.

3 comments:

JorgXMcKie said...

I have many former students who are black and with whom I'm in relatively frequent contact [Facebook, LinkedIn, etc]. They seem to fall into 3 groups: Black conservative/Republicans [maybe 5%] who are standing up and castigating those who "believed' in Obama; Blacks who think re-electing Obama is very important for American Blacks [this includes at least one strong Republican who routinely makes that argument] -- maybe 33-40%; and the dispirited who have evidently given up on Obama [and maybe the whole system] who seem to make up the other half.

Now, this is not a random sample, but it *is* a sample of usually interested, usually informed group of youngish [20s to late 40s] Black citizens. I don't think it's that far out of line with the greater Black community.

Given the responses on Facebook to the posts by my students, I'm guessing the Black community is very divided at this point over whether it is worth voting for Obama again.

I think I get a little glimpse that most don't [even my students, let alone their friends, seem to forget I'm white and I'm 'listening' to them]. That glimpse seems to dhow some difficulty for Obama.

JorgXMcKie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RebeccaH said...

There seem to be more and more sites online that say Obama is toast. I certainly hope so, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed until the election anyway.