Thursday, September 6, 2012

What the...

I go away for a couple of days, come back, and suddenly feel like I've woken up in the middle of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The Democratic National Convention. Who are these people? These are Americans? Earthlings, even? These clowns actually have a floor fight over whether God should be mentioned in the platform? And whether Jerusalem is the capital of Israel? Not simply the defense, but the celebration of abortion (perhaps they would have been happier with a reference to Moloch than to the Judeo-Christian God)?

And what about the lapdog press? And John Lewis completely prostituting himself, and crapping on his own bona fides as a civil rights leader, by trying to equate voter ID with the bad ol' days of Jim Crow.

Perhaps the height of absurdity was reached by Chris Matthews, who, in one of his on-going man crushes, was so enamored of Bill Clinton's speech, that he volunteered the asseveration that his latest priapic idol is so smooth he could fornicate with martians. Which, if nothing else, gives us a hint of what Chrissie will be doing on Halloween...

"Trick or treat, Bill!"

Hurry sundown November.

Update:




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...Welcome back, Paco! Hope the mission went well! Did you hear the "Twilight Zone" theme when viewing the festivities (aka near riots) at the DNC? Or was it "Lost In Space"? Consider how they talk about unity, compromise, etc and then have the platform fiasco.

Warning, Will Robinson! Warning! Warning! Warning!


missred said...

Glad you are back Paco, and I hope all is ok.
Not only did I have to show my drivers license to buy a lighter at Target, they entered the number into the computer. I guess I am a terrorist now.

Robert of Ottawa said...

Obama, you are the one the juveniles are still waiting for.

Bob Belvedere said...

Welcome Back!

In honor of your return, you have been awarded The Spot-On Quote Of The Week at TCOTS.

http://thecampofthesaints.org/2012/09/06/the-spot-on-quote-of-the-week-33/

SwampWoman said...

Dang, Missred! Too bad they didn't have garden supplies so you could go back and get some ammonium nitrate, too.

Robert of Ottawa said...

Have avoided it.The news I recieve via third parties and fourth estates tells me I miss'd nuffink.

The image of Chris Matthews having Obama tingling up one leg while Clinton is up the other is tooo gross to contemplate ... Oh! The horror!

Marica said...

We smoked some brisket, some Boston butt, and some turkey breasts in honor of your return. Let's eat! Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Paco said...

Yum! My problem, this trip, was that I ate a lot of food that I love, but usually don't eat but once in a while. I may be doing just yogurt for the next day or so.

Yojimbo said...


Boston butt! I'm glad the Senator got back in time from the Convention.

Jonah said...

MissRed: A warrior would have left lighter and everything else on the counter and walked out.

Now get back out there and knock 'em dead.

mojo said...

Yeah, I think Matthews is probably going to be suicidal around about November 8th. Maybe we should send him a nice coil of rope...

JeffS said...

Better make it really high strength, mojo. All that ego might break a lesser rope.

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...Yogurt, Paco?! Seriously? There was nothing wrong with that good food and drink you enjoyed while on your trip. I think you've been in the beltway too long.

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...Besides, you did it for the Republic! You looked Michelle and Barry in the eye, and took another helping rather than a button or bumper sticker. BBQ or Barry? It's a no brainer...at least for non-zombie folks.

missred said...

Jonah, I was in shock, and thought he would only look at it. That is what they do the last time I bought spray paint.
Swampie, yes gardening season is over at Target.
Now I know better.